Sunday, February 17, 2008

Robots




Ok, I've been a little lazy about posting, but I have been working, really I have! But with the light being so bad around Amsterdam these days - as in non-existent, so cloudy, you can positively feel people yearning for Spring - it's been difficult to even think about taking a photo. But with the onset of some sunnier - if not warmer - weather, I had the chance to beg Steven to take some semi-decent photos for me. I'm not saying they're perfect, but at least they were taken by a hand that doesn't have the tendency to shake quite as much as my own....

So as for these little Robots, I've just been wanting to do some sketches with paint - didn't want to put too much planning into it, just wanted some fun images that could be plentiful and that didn't involve pouring my heart and soul into so I felt like I could finish one in a couple of hours instead of my normal agonized process which takes a week or four..... here are the first three.....

they're all 5 x 7 inches, all acrylic, no planning, just sketching with paint.......

No comments: