Monday, February 22, 2010

Odin




So I've saved my favorite for last - this is Odin of Norse mythology, riding his trusty (8-legged) steed, Sleipnir. This one is my fave for various reasons - painting that i was pleased with, lots of little elements coming together including a color palette that seemed to be not such a struggle for a change (although I repainted that horse too many times to count trying to get it close to what I envisioned in my mind), and really, the lightbullb and the head on a chain is just too cool - i want one for myself. Supposed to be a font of wisdom for Odin.... still makes me smile.

So that's the end of "Little Gods and Monsters" (a working title of this series that just stuck...)

This one is acrylic paint on a piece of thick pressboard I found on the street...
60 x 60 cm

Once again, all these photos were taken by the lovely Kyla Hancock

No comments: